View Single Post
Old Mon May 26, 2008, 07:37pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRef21
1) They had this one no.24 who was a hell of a player but had a bad bad bad attitude. He would complain about every call that was made on him, and felt that he could do no wrong. After a call in the first half my partner dinged him for, the kid said something so he gets stuck. Later in the second half as we are lining up for Ft's no. 24 tells one his players to " Chin Check" the other guy. I told the kid why are you telling him to chin check him. No. 24 responded, ref you don't even no what a chin check is. I was like you know, I'm older than you and know what it is and don't tell your teammate that. Now you are on the edge.

So with a minute left his team is down by 2. no. 3 black fouls and we are in the bonus. As we are lining up for ft's, no.3 black starts saying things about the call and I was like, " What did you say"? He was like nothing ref, I said thats right you said nothing. So now other guys are complaining and no. 24 is still talking when it doesn't even relate to him. I was like you know something guys ( to both teams), you guys aren't in the NBA and not that great yet, so stop complaining. No. 24 now pops off again and still won't stop. I was like now you are borderline. Still won't be quiet and keeps ranting and raving, so my partner and I at the same blow the whistles and ding him. I tech him, pitch him, and his team loses by 5.

2) The assigner, said that the admin. is still upset about what happened and don't want you two working. So the assigner came in with his partner and they work the two games remaining.

What do you guys think about the situation
1) Way, way too much talking and not enough doing on your part. Why should the players listen to you? You warned them- multi times- and then you failed to follow up on those warnings. The idea is that you give ONE warning only and then follow up on it. All you have to do is say "that's enough" and then just whack 'em if they don't listen.

2) Your assignor was completely wrong, if he took you off those games because of the reasons that you laid out. If he did so because you let the players get away with too much crap(which you did), I maybe could believe it.