View Single Post
Old Mon May 26, 2008, 02:16am
Official Forum Member

I haven't had any real issues with AAU this year. I had a couple of coaches who started in, but backed off as soon as I addressed it (which was right away).

But I was surprised to have trouble at a HS tourney I worked this weekend. I worked mostly V games, and had no problems with those guys. But the sub-varsity was another story. I had coaches who were not much older than the kids. They're in baseball caps, pants that ride down, looking like wannabe thugs. One in particular "calls" a timeout just before the half to get in my face about how I am not the show and this is about the kids. His kids are acting like a bunch of punks and have been from the very first foul call of the game. Gee, I wonder why.

Is this the next generation of coaches? Supposedly grown men who can't figure out how to dress and act like adults? Who can't control themselves and thus have no concept of how to control their teams? Maybe the NFHS needs to leave off worrying about how players are dressed long enough to address how coaches are dressed.