View Single Post
Old Thu May 22, 2008, 05:58pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett
Jumped over from the basketball board to ask you guys this. My grandson is the captain of his Little League team. He's 13 and in 8th grade. Another kid on the team who is 14 and in the same grade just got arrested by his town's local police for possession of pot - no, I'm not kidding. My grandson called me to discuss it and he wondered if there were any Little League rules (it's "official" Little League) that would make it mandatory for this kid to be kicked off their team. He thinks the kid should, but his coach doesn't. I told him I thought it probably was a good thing for the kid to stay on the team and perhaps it might help to straighten him out. Anybody care to chime in? Thanks.
STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM THIS AS POSSIBLE! Advise your grandson to say absolutely NOTHING about this!

This is a legal issues involving a minor. Getting in the middle of this will result in nothing but grief, pain and legal liability.

If the player in question violates Little League rules (IE: not showing up for practice &/or games) then the manager may go to the league BOD and ask for his suspension or release.