View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 18, 2002, 07:26pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down

Everyone please do me a favor. Go get your rule book and read Rule 4-41 NOTE out loud three times. Commit it to memory and vow to me that you will educate everyone you can each time you see somebody (often a somebody wearing stripes) that doesn't know this rule.

Men's summer rec league that I play in tonight (yeah I know what you are thinking). Officials calls traveling when my teammate steps one way then the other before throwing in. I try to tell him that's not right. He loudly tells me that I ought to know the rules before arguing (being that I'm a coach and he knows this). After the game I talk to him, his partner, and the scorer who played ball in college. None of them believe me. I'm talking about "designated spot three feet wide" and "pivot foot restrictions not in effect" and they are looking at me like I had two heads. And all the court presence in the world wasn't helping! Rut!

The conversation ended with me saying something like "don't believe me now, go home tonight, look in your rule book, and apologize to me the next time you see me" with a smile but I don't think it helped!