View Single Post
Old Tue May 20, 2008, 10:34am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M Guy
Huh, no mention of the no-no from the mythical Chuck Elias. Maybe he's still out partying with the team?

Another, much smaller piece of history happened last night as well. Geovany Soto of the Cubs was the first Cub catcher in almost 50 years to hit an inside-the-park home run. I didn't get a chance to see it, but I heard the call on the radio. The thing that surprised me was Pat Hughes, the Cubs' play-by-play announcer, mentioned the possibility even before Soto got to second base. As it turns out, it hit along one of those vertical yellow lines along left-center at Enron/MinuteMaid/Astros/Whatever Field, and he should've been credited with a home run to begin with, but the umpires thought it was still in play. I don't blame them for that call considering the crazy lines in Houston, (and given how the play turned out ), but it's still interesting following the controversy over Delgado's ball for the Mets Sunday night.
Yeah, a lot of that going around lately.

btw, on a much sadder note... I noticed that this thread's rating has fallen from 4 stars to 3.