View Single Post
Old Mon May 19, 2008, 08:45pm
Official Forum Member

Almost there, but you guys are still calling it wrong

Nothing personnel boys, but just stating what you think does not cut it in a rules interpretations, and I know how to get umps pissed off and writing, but was surprise to see only one decent response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA
Okay

Rule 1. Appeal PlayNot appeal play
Rule 2.3.H Does not come into effect
Rule 8.2.MDoes not come into play, sorry all there is a difference between a batter-runner and a runner.
Rule 8.7.F and subsequent effectI submit you go this one, but nothing o do with first base.
RS #1 AppealsNot a appeal

Clinic Guide

Double Base.B.4:

After the batter-runner reaches first base, both the batter-runner and fielder can use either color of the base for any defensive or offensive play. Once a runner reaches first they are no longer a batter runner, so this is a false statement. I do not have a clinic guide to check though

Don't get hung up on batter-runner v. runner. The defense may use the enter base for any play on a runner subsequent to the BR reaching 1st base or being retired.This is the "hang up." scares me you use that in your proof.

Hope that helps.
Like I said in my second post, I got the call wrong on the field. A state ASA umpire in chief agreed with my interpretation of th rule. There is no colored section of the base for th defense to use on a runner. I am going to drop a line to ASA and see if we can get a ruling.

Last edited by snorman75; Mon May 19, 2008 at 08:48pm.