View Single Post
Old Mon May 19, 2008, 06:45pm
Official Forum Member

If the elbows are moving only with the entire torso, I've got nothing. If the elbows are moving more than the torso, I may have an elbows violation. If an elbow makes contact with a defender, I've probably got a foul on the offense.

Did have an "interesting" one last season. Punk kid bringing the ball up against pressure is forced to pick up his dribble in back court. As the defender closes in, the kid brings up his elbow in a very definite threatening posture. Based on the tone of the game, and without really thinking about it, I hit the whistle. Then came the oh crap moment when I realized I didn't really have a call beyond, "Not in my game, punk". There was no contact. Didn't think I could sell an unsporting T. An IW wasn't going to help the game. Went with the excessive elbows violation. Didn't hear a peep from anybody about it. Not sure I'm going to add this to my bag o' tricks, but it worked once