View Single Post
Old Mon May 19, 2008, 02:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IREFU2
If they accept my application, sure am!!!!
Last year there were 600 applicants and 60 were invited. I was lucky enough to get in, so good luck too you. If you get to go and do well you may get to go to a NBA summer camp in the following year, and if they really like you they may hire you right into the D-League. I know that 2 were hired last year and about 3-4 guys were identified to participate in summer leagues/pre draft camps etc. for this year. I was lucky enough to get invited to NBA camp this summer as well, so I'm pretty excited about that.

If you are lucky enought to get in be sure and know your pro rules and mechanics. Also suggets you buy navy blue pants. They allow guys to wear black or blue, as many guys have no pro expierence, but blue is the pro style and it's the little things that count at these things sometimes.

At the D-League Try-out both G. Toliver and J. Borgia are there to evaluate as well as a group of Sr. D-League officials. Two of the D-league guys that were there last year were hired into the league this past season. Overall it was a great learning expierence. You will probably only work 1 game a day followed by tape breakdown. You also get a D-League jersey...last year the ones they gave us actually had a number assigned which was pretty cool. Usually the NBA jersey's they give out for NBA summer camps do not have a number. If you do get in and have any more questions I will be glad to try and answer them.