View Single Post
Old Sat May 17, 2008, 10:01am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snorman75
OK, I posted this question a few weeks ago and the closest I got to a answer was "asa changed the rules"

Are you kidding me? No citations, nothing, just I think this is it. Well you should know it does not matter what the you think, it matter what you know and prove.

I have to tell you reading the ASA rules there is no double first base on any plays made on a runner for the defense. Did forget to mention to site my answer on checking with a state's head ASA umpire?

I know I have a real problem with umps that go on feeling, not the rules. I have to assume you all did that with not ONE citation to any rules.

Here is the question again see if you can do any better, or prove me wrong.

" Double first call from foul territory on a runner

OK, fast pitch high school Softball NY ASA rules

No outs runner on first. Pop up to first baseman, caught in foul ground, beats the runner back to first, BUT uses the colored section, not the white, to make the play.
Partner, on the bases, calls her out. First base coach appeals that she can not use colored section. I uses the the rule that the first baseman can use the colored base when the play comes from foul territory.

Well I changed my mind after reading the rules, 8.2.M.4 which uses the words batter-runner not runner.

The question is in 8.2.M.7 that states both sections of first can be used in a tag up. Does this mean offensively and defensively or just offensively as I read it?

Let me know what you all think.

Thanks"
I highlighted a section of your OP to show you that everyone who answered you, did exactly as you asked. They let you know what they thought. Now, if you had said, "please provide me with the rule" or something of that nature, I am sure they would have been more than happy to do so.

I have to agree with the others who have basically replied that they are disappointed in you for failing to accurate and succinctly state what you wanted.

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.