View Single Post
Old Fri May 16, 2008, 04:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In The Saddle
AAU varsity boys game last night. I call a foul on a kid for setting a screen with his feet about 32 feet apart and tripping the kid he was screening. Coach and fans don't like it. Obviously that's not the first; I'm getting to that part.

During half time we notice the coach reading something. Just before the second half, he brings over a rule book to discuss what I told him about the foul. I had erroneously told him that the screener's feet couldn't be wider than his hips (a complete brain fart, I don't know where that came from; i guess i AM a dimwit!). He just wanted to let me know he'd looked it up and it is shoulder's width. Didn't have any more of those screens the rest of the game.

Did I miss a memo? When did they teach coaches to read?
screw that guy! he's trying to show you up! calmly stick him! I would tell him that he is completely right (which he is) and stick him for disrespecting the official. I would make sure to tell him to not bring that rule book on the floor again! if we can't have them then they can't have them, on the sideline that is!