View Single Post
Old Thu May 15, 2008, 09:50am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadeintothem
I dont know, why are you in America since you cant stand so many of the things going on?

Obviously, like ASA, its the best gig in town. Always room for ASA to improve though. We just gotta wait for the old guard to move on I suppose .. or in lieu of that, the slightest possibility that they bend a little.

NCAA is blazing a trail. NFHS too.. time for the old guard @ ASA to wake up. It takes people talking to get that done
I think your impression of ASA mechanics is the same as that which you demonstrate concerning slow pitch. Little knowledge, plenty of ignorance. I don't think that is necessarily true, but certainly the way you present yourself, IMO.

I've never been to or operated an ASA school where the umpires were not told that they were expected to develop their own style off the basics.

What is the problem with an association wanting their umpires to be relatively uniform in their mechanics? If the NCAA or NFHS had to train as many umpires as ASA does from scratch, it might be a completely different story.

I don't think you give the ASA staff enough credit.