View Single Post
Old Sat May 10, 2008, 04:35pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jicecone
When I coached, we would instruct our players that if you are on third and did not hear "time" when the PU dusted the plate, take off. You would be surprised how many different officials didn't understand what was going on and how many times we scored because the officials didn't control the game.

Take control of your game and prevent this before it happens. If your ego prevents you from doing this because you believe its your partners job, then remember when he looks bad and blows it, you both look bad.

I'm being pro-active and preventing it. "TIME"
Ha ha, officials need to control the game by calling time to prevent runners from advancing....So the guys you work with are terrible and don't know what they are doing, so instead of trying to help them out and teaching them that the ball is not dead just because they turned their back for 3 seconds you just call time.

Ok so R1 and R3, partner turns and dusts the plate and R3 runs and scores, and I as the BU look bad? So instead of the defense looing bad for not paying attention to a guy trying to score, it is the officials fault because they did not call time. That makes no sense at all.

So you guys who insist on calling time when the plate is cleaned, do you also call time when the PU has to return to the plate area after having moved somewhere during a play? In both situations the PU's back is turned away from everyone for a couple of seconds. What is the difference?