View Single Post
Old Mon May 05, 2008, 10:53pm
Official Forum Member

District 1st round mess

The first time I ever worked a district tourney game. A 9 team district so this was the 8-9 prelim game, but still a district game.

The visiting team I've had twice this year, great coaching staff, wouldn't question a call unless it was player safety. Well the head coach (who usually coaches 3rd Base) broker her ankle in the past week, so the school assigned the JV baseball coach to help coach the softball team. What?

I had my first toss of the year. Long fly ball down the left field line with 2 on and V down by 2. Left fielder lays out for the catch, the ball is clearly foul even though the fielder is mostly in fair territory. No catch, two runners cross the plate, br on her way to 3rd. Foul ball, reverse the merry-go-round and JV baseball coach at 3rd went nuts. He actually said, "She was in fair territory, that's a fair ball."

Well despite my assurances the ball was touched foul he would not let it go so he ejected himself. Then someone in the dugout got tossed by 1 partner, and then the other partner removed 3 dads from the bleachers.

Really ruined what was a great game.

No question, no comment, just winding down after the game...