View Single Post
Old Mon May 05, 2008, 09:58am
Official Forum Member

Gave Coach His 1st T in 30 Years...HAHA!

Handed out a T to a coach in a 14U Girls AAU game yesterday for arguing a couple calls I made out of my PCA...He's a notorious whiner (both my P and I have had him before) and I knew where this was going to go if I didn't address it. It was early in the 1st half and it got him to focus on his girls rather than us so I felt justified in handing it out.

After the game, he caught me up by the concession getting some H20...he said "You know, that's the first T I've been given in 30 years of coaching". I said " Well coach, I'm glad I could break the ice for ya!" He then wanted me to know that he was ok with the T cause it got his girls fired up but he was thinking about getting a plaque with my name on it for that first ever T . I smiled and told him if he could find in the rule book where it states I have to make calls only in my PCA, I'd take the game money and buy him that plaque!

I ended our conversation with "Coach, listen...If I'm in that same spot and one of your girls get's punched in the face by your opponent am I supposed to let it go because it's a call that's out of my area that my partner didn't see or have a good angle on?"

His response was "Well, no...the whole gym could see that one!" I said, "Well, it's no different on those two calls either...they needed to be made and I don't worry about what the whole gym sees".

His team went on to win that game and played for 1st place in this tourney....