View Single Post
Old Fri May 02, 2008, 09:03am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ace
I've found myself in this position before - Live ball hits you in the chest while your standing on the end line and instead of bouncing off you rolls down your body back to the floor. Everyone just kind of stood still and waited, cept for a defensive sophomore who is playing his first varsity game runs from the EL to pick the ball up and take it back for a uncontested layup. fulling expecting a shower of poo-poo of course. no one said a word. A's coach calls a timeout to ream his players for not realzing that the referee is part of the court, unless he's out of bounds. I asked B as he was walking to the bench "how'd you know it wasn't dead?" "happened a few years ago in my rec leauge - I just thought I'd see if I was lucky and the ref knew what he was talking about then."

Best thing you can do is try to get out of the way. If a balls coming at me that I didn't ask for (after a made bucket and new offense team thinks I have to hand the ball" I throw my hands up like "I don't want it." If it does touch you - make sure you don't change its direction or anything by kicking it or what not. If you do, you have to blow it dead, go with a jump ball. (at least that is how I interpreted the reading of the rule book.)