View Single Post
Old Fri May 02, 2008, 06:40am
9/11 - Never Forget

Send a message via Yahoo to grunewar
Continuing Off Topic......

We had an "interesting event" at our baseball game last night. I'm Asst coach, B13-15.

We're home, winning 13-8 at the end of four innings and we're at the infamous "two hour" mark of the game (meaning no inning can be started, etc.) Both teams are cordially lining up to shake hands.

Senior ump comes in off the field and says "let's go we can get another inning in." Both coaches go huh? He says, yep, we have 30 seconds left before the two hour limit so we can start another inning. You're kidding right? 30 seconds? Did we all synchronize watches before the game? Uh, no! So, we played another half an inning....and still won by the same score.

One of our team parents comes up to me between innings and says, "we started at 5:30 and my watch said 7:32, what is he trying to pull?" I put my referee hat on for a second and calmly explained to her that her watch didn't matter - only the umps did. It was bizarre though.....