View Single Post
Old Fri May 02, 2008, 05:00am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to angryZebra
lately its all happened when I'm PMS-ing....

Let's start with a (baseball) tournament I worked about a month ago. (11u boys, travelling teams) typical whiney crowd that reacted to every call, got particularly upset at a play at the plate.... I won't go into the details as my point is I thought lava was going to start flowing from every pore in their bodies. they continued to spastically blurt whatever stupid comment they could come up with, & after two pitches to the next batter I heard someone drop the F* bomb. My partner had tossed their coach an inning prior, & now I turned around to the backstop & said "ok, we WILL do without the profanity". this incited more arguing from them. one angry mother even came into the dugout, picked up a bat & shook it towards me as she started walking towards the field-exit to the dugout, screaming at me "F*** YOU, YOU F***ING B**CH!!" I called the game & my partner & I got the HECK outta there.

Then the next day, a basketball tourny of local teams. From the coach that was down by 20+, I was told I was scared.... so I gave that coach a reason to leave the gym... his assistant was coaching the younger age bracket of their team in the next game, & with 3 min left (& down by 20+), as he stood at the scorer's table, he told me to get my head out of my a$$. After calmly telling him he's ejected, I softly added "That's the safest place I've found for it, nobody messes with my a$$...".

----------------------------------------------------
Fan: "Hey ref, you suck!"

Ref: "No, I blow... & so do fans come to think of it )