View Single Post
Old Thu May 01, 2008, 12:56pm
Official Forum Member

Head Coach

I am the head coach (or manager, if you wish) of the team. This was a JV game which followed the varsity game. In the JV game, my assistant coaches third and I coach first. If you want to nitpick, I guess I could be considered the assistant coach for this particular game. I will point out that earlier in the game, the PU had asked me a question about our lineup as I was on my way to coach first base. This tells me that he still saw me as the head coach and not the assistant whom we all know does not exist in the mind to umpires. Even though I hold my assistant coach in high esteem, I do realize that I will sometimes run into umpires who are above speaking to them. When that is the case, I simply have my assistant refer them to me any time they have something to say/ask.

Also, thanks to TussAgee11 for taking the time to go into the archives and read my posts from long ago. It has been quite some time since I posted. You really don't forget much. I had forgotten how I always, "say it how you want us to hear it."

Thanks to all of the serious replies. I appreciate all of the help I get from simply reading this site.

Last edited by harmbu; Thu May 01, 2008 at 01:04pm.