View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 30, 2008, 09:06pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmathews
He may be referring to the way in which you move when moving up or down a coupld steps, or working the arc. Not the actual reason you are moving. When you do make these moves make the sharp crisp and quick, don't "wander" down a couple steps. Make the movements very deliberate and sharp looking??? Maybe that is what he is talking about...jmho
There are a couple of different thoughts here. Some ppl like quick sharp movements and some like smooth movement. It also depends on how you look. When I was first getting started I was moving all over the place. I was moving really sharply and quickly which exuded that I was trying to be very active but it also looked like I was trying to work my butt off just to get plays right. Smooth movements make it look like you've been there before and like you have done this time and time again, but at the same time if you come more near the low end of smooth movement you start to look lazy. So if you can just find that happy medium between knowing when you need to move quickly and sharply and when you can just smoothly transition then I think you will be better off. Good luck

Nevada,

Would you take a referee who could do both? Why settle for mediocrity? I want a guy who gets his plays right as well but if the coaches aren't buying what he's selling then you have problems as well. I know you say "who cares what the coaches think?" Well in college it means alot. If a supervisor wants a guy on a particular game and both coaches don't want the guy cause they aren't buying what he's selling, even though he is your best play caller, then the supervisor 9.9 times out of 10 will not put the ref on the game.