Thread: Ouch!!!!
View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 27, 2008, 07:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCASAUmp
I wonder about that catcher, though. Looks like he brought his glove up WAY too late. He sure looked like he felt like a schmuck to let it happen.
I suspect the pitcher crossed him up.

My intorduction to men's majors saw a catcher & pitcher who had not worked together before. In the first or second inning, the catcher called for an outside drop, the pitcher threw an inside riser - that I caught between my arm and body. The catcher was as apolgetic as a person could be - and the pitch had definitely passe dthrough the strike zone. When I balled it, the catcher told the pitcher "That's on me." They met and I wasn't touched for the rest of their games that weekend.

Last year, I took a foul squarely off the mask in a college game. After a couple of minute delay, the game continued. In reviewing the game - and I try to do that with every game, I realized that I had lost a couple of innings. I probably had some kind of a mild concussion. But I have not been knocked out since those days when I foolishly thought I was a pro fighter.