Thread: Doubling up
View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 25, 2008, 10:38am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLundagard
Well I agree that at the DIII, NAIA and Juco level the coaches know that officials working there games also work high school, I am not so sure that feeling is shared by DII coaches.

At least in the area I work in it is somewhat frowned upon by the DII assigners. They would prefer that their officials limit their high school assignments especially on the night before one of their DII assigments. The reason I have been given is that it creates the perception in the coaches mind that you are a high school official if they see you working high school games. Since the assigners either directly or indirectly work for the coaches I understand them wanting to keep the coaches happy.

However I am not so sure I agree with it. I think if an official is capable of working in the DII league they are capable of working in the league regardless of the game they worked the night before.
I do not know how they cannot know. If they recruit on a night they are not playing, they are likely to see people they will see later at a college game. This is a major "who cares" as far as I am concerned.

Peace