View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 25, 2008, 06:44am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEPBASEBALL
This was not the umpires fault, this was the opposing coaches attitude with our team because we beat him the game before. The last game we played them our inept umpires failed to called an infield fly and after my players allowed the ball the hit the ground myself and my other coaches screamed infield fly and the umpire in the field called time which means the ball becomes dead and corrected the situation by calling infield fly rule. This caused the runner of this opposing coach the game before this protested game to have to return to 3rd base with 2 outs and my pitcher struck out the next batter LOL.
Actually, your umpire could have put an end to it all by telling the idiot that substitutes need not be listed. They can be added as long as the players are on the roster. But this, again, requires an official to step up (have some balls) and stop this nonsense in it's place. I applaud you for not loosing your cool in all this. But please, try my suggestion at your next game and list the entire roster on the back (less the starting 9) and see if you can't raise a few eyebrows!