View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 25, 2008, 01:57am
Official Forum Member

Here is the situation which some of you may get a kick out of. Here is how this question came about.

I had a game the other night I am the head coach of a 9-10 year old team in Pensacola Florida. Before the game as I always do I submit my lineup card to the scorekeeper and the opposing coach with my starting 9. I never list my subs.

The first inning my starting shortstop who is my best overall player gets hit in the head hard with the baseball. He has to come out of the game. I then have to place one of my subs who is not very gifted catching, throwing or hitting, he is really my weakest player. I placed him in my SS batting spot in the lineup and moved my infielders around since my SS was hurt and out of the game.

Since I didnt list him on my lineup card the opposing coach comes over and tells me I cant put this kid in the game because he isnt listed on my lineup card but he is a legal member of my team. I told this coach that he was wrong and he went to the ump and said we are playing the game under protest.

We do not have a League rule that states all players have to be on a lineup card and Dizzy Dean rules dont state this so the next set of rules we revert to is MLB rules which I havent found a rule there that says substitutes have to be included on a game lineup card.