View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 18, 2008, 11:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy
One queston, one comment:

Did her constant screaming of "time out" affect the game or its participants in any way? If not, then why even bother acknowledging her?

Without being there and seeing how you interacted with her, it does sound like you may have been a little rude. Understandable, given the situation.

Personally, I try hard in those types of situations to at least appear courteous and professional. Somebody on this site once had a signature line that said not to go looking for trouble, trouble will find you. If the game is already intense, your response to the scorekeeper (GLM factors aside) may have upset a coach or player and potentially escalate a situation that needn't be. Who knows, the scorekeeper may be the coach's wife and/or girlfriend or the mom of the hothead star player or both.
Very very true.. I've actually had it happen before.. so I should have known better.

Good points. It was impossible to ignore her just in case there really was something that required a time out... probably a live and learn deal.