View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 18, 2008, 01:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRW
We basically say to our crew that if they want post-season playoffs, state tournaments, ASA nationals, etc, then part of the reward of attaining those goals is the sacrifice made during the season working 3-man for free or reduced game fees. We actually have 1 or 2 weekend tournaments each year where it's expected that anyone who wants to be considered for post-season has to come work for free. The game fees then go to our overall hospitality fund and for paying our evaluators to sit all day and write up evaluations (they get one third of a game fee for each game evaluated), and we put on a big feed for the tournament. In 2006, we had about $1,200 from one of our "evaluation tournaments" from the game fees that went towards umpire hospitality for the ASA/USA 16-A FP National.

Personally I like it. I jump on a 3-man game whenever I can.
1/3 of a game fee for each person evaluated? Wow. Here we just get $25.00 per day/night. No matter how many you evals you do.

I do like the idea of a three man tournament required to work playoffs. I wonder if my board will accept that idea. Currently we are required to attend a 3 man mechanics clinic to be eligible for play-offs. I like the idea of rt work better.

It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it.