View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 18, 2008, 09:24am
Official Forum Member

Gaining 3 person mechanics experience

Ok all the questions about 3 person mechanics (even a mention of 4 person, wow!) has got me thinking. How do you get people experience in working these systems? I know the obvious one, work more 3 person games. But $$ come into play on that. I see it everywhere there are people that just don't know these systems and it ends up losing its effectiveness if one partner screws the other two putting them in a worse postion than if they were running a good 2 person crew.

In our area several of us have volunteered to work 3 person for free on nights with no games, but these nights are very rare (the ones who are willing to work for experience only are usually booked) and the ones who are open are not willing to work for free. We have also split 2 checks 3 ways and everyone take a little cut to gain the experience but again people who are willing to share the money are usually also booked. BUT we see every year in the state tournament series, as well as ASA state and National events people who just aren't well versed in 3 person, and to their defense they just don't get to work it very much to get the rust knocked off, or to learn it at all.

Pre-game talks and classroom no doubt helps, but until you get diamond time it doesnt sink in all the way. So what do you all do to get people up to speed??