View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 10, 2002, 09:36am
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb Any game that your state considers HS.

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian Watson
Rut, define HS?

I know guy that work Frosh and JV in their first year (probably shouldn't, but do).

If you mean Varsity, it could happen. Each area is different. Some use assigners, some don't. If you have friends, it is much easier to move up faster. I know a guy whose Dad has reffed for 30 years, he had a full Varsity sked in his 2nd year...
Any game or level that is considered a High School game in your area. For example in Illinois and Iowa for example, you cannot do any HS game without a license with the Illinois High School Association or the Iowa High School Association for games from 9th grade thru 12th grade (Boy's Association. They have a two associations for some reason.) . If officials do games without a license in both of these states, schools can forfeit games or be possibly suspended from these respective associations depending on who gave these games to the non-licensed officials. So if you do a Freshman game in these states, you must have a license with the HS Associations. If you do a 8th Grade game or lower, it might not at all be required to have any license. Not sure about Iowa, but I know it does not matter in Illinois. Even thought the Illinois Elementary School Associations (IESA) recommends that all officials have an IHSA License, but it is not at all required. But all middle schools or elementary schools do not belong to the IESA either. So you could do games with schools that have no affiliation with the IESA at all.

Peace