View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 11, 2008, 06:45pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
So basically what I wrote yesterday is accurate. If some kind of exemption/decision was made to allow this player to wear such, then why bother having that rule in place?
Also, I don't see how a long sleeve undershirt is medically necessary for an injured shoulder. That's just silly. Then again so is the NCAA enforcement policy, if what you say about the bulletin is true.
No, what you wrote is absolutely inaccurate - what is inaccurate is your interpretation of the rule. A medical condition over-rides what you think is in the ncaa dress rules, as do religious considerations. Whether you believe that a particular exemption due to a medical condition is silly or not is 100% irrelevant. Your vote does not count, all you need to do is to get confirmation from the coach that a medical condition applies and tell the announcer to play the anthem, announce the players and then start the game. Pretty simple (even for you).

As for whether an exemption/decision might be part of the process... I'm guessing you threw that in without thinking about the words so I'll give you a pass.

In any event you're boring the sh1t out of me so I'll just leave you to your uneducated rants. Have fun.