View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 09, 2008, 12:36pm
In Time Out

Send a message via AIM to fitump56 Send a message via MSN to fitump56 Send a message via Yahoo to fitump56 Send a message via Skype™ to fitump56
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins
So, the question to ask is, "Why was it becoming a winner?"
First, let me on behalf of all here thank you for your duality in loyalty. It takes a large man to split his time so.

Quote:
Both sites had / have knowledgable posters, although his site did have pro (MiLB) umps (known to be) participating

His site had more "social" threads (who is your favorite umpire? where are you from? exactly what brand of equipment does (insert name her) wear? etc.)

This site has more "negative" threads, mostly fomented by a relativley small group of posters.
Agreed with all of the above, please do something about the old Guard, will ya?

Quote:
Frankly,
That would be Fittly...

Quote:
I (personal opinion) don't care about any of the social threads and didn't participate in them (unless it was to opine on a rules / mechanics type question).

The pro umps were nice to have, but I don't think any "new" knowledge was provided -- that is, the answers given here to the same questions would have been the same.

So, that only leave the trolling.
Bobby, you don't mind if I call you Bobby since you called me Frankly, do you?, Bobby, honestly, I never spent a lot of time there, not sure I had more than one post or two, if that. if you were a successful troll, i have to take you word.

Quote:
Here's a challenge to the "new guard" who wants to promote change: Physician, heal thyself.
Such as how? by letting old Guardians plod along with yesterday's views and mindsets?

Here's a clue. it takes about ten minutes to set up a new forum. Why not set up "old Guard" forum and you and Garthie moderate it. Wait, that's here, what am I thinkng.

OK, set up an old Guard forum, and IU and I will never, ever come there. you can post about baloons are better, technology stinks, and all Old Guard ways, have a ball.

I'll set it up for you, no, I'm not kidding.

Deal?