View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 08, 2008, 10:14pm
In Time Out

Send a message via AIM to fitump56 Send a message via MSN to fitump56 Send a message via Yahoo to fitump56 Send a message via Skype™ to fitump56
Quote:
Originally Posted by msavakinas
are you seriously a fan of replay on stuff like this?
Very seriously and IU, myself and others have chimed in with specific prposals when to and not to use it.

Quote:
I hear your argument but I don't think that replay is applicable on plays like this. That takes the human element out of the game. The human element is very much needed in baseball umpiring. Perhaps more than any other sport, IMO.
The human element, if meant to mean mistakes that could be undone with using technology, you can have it. I'm for calling the game so that thbest team wins and officiating mistakes are minimized.

Quote:
and who is this "old guard" you keep speaking of? i think all of us that are out there for the betterment of umpiring everywhere are really on the same team and are not divided up by "old guard" and whoever their archrival is. (?New Guard?)
Here's a wake up call. You're dreaming. Or your MITB has gone terminal.

Quote:
These statements are growing old. Seriously just comment on the situation and say what your opinion is. Don't label or stereotype people the way you are.
Youth grows old, one day you will wake up and:

1) When a DR tells you to rest, yo will rest
2) You will listen instead of buying junk protecive gear and endangering your health
3) You will clearly recognize the Old Guard because you will see them as you or not you.

Love,
The Deej "new Guardian"

"New Guardian Rules

We don't attack or diminish the youth
We don't take anything at face value without constant (re)inspection
We do assume everything can be changed since all comes from hoomans
We do expect that there will be resistance
We don't dribble in our cups like the Old Guard.