View Single Post
Old Wed Jul 12, 2000, 11:44am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Okay, I'm just a first-year still until November when I join the second-year class. So everything I say needs to be taken with a grain or two of salt.

In our first-year class, under the topic of management, we were told that there are times when you "don't see" something, or choose which event happened first and was whistled. In this case, if B1 hits the ball and it goes (or actually stays) OOB, it's just a chance to do the whole thing over. Before handing the ball to A1, remind B1 with a significant look not to reach through the plane.

If B1 touches and the ball goes in-bounds to A2 or A3, ignore the whole thing, explaining to the coach if necessary with some fancy interpretation. If B1 touches and the ball goes to B2 or B3, whistle it dead and explain that B1 reached over (late whistle) and do it all again.

Our first year teacher told us to always choose the easiest, least troublesome way to get the approriate ending. The only exception to the above would be if you were hoping to get rid of B1 because he was on the verge of exploding all over the court. Then a technical T (perhaps his 2nd?) would be a cheap way to avoid disaster. But then how often does this happen?