Thread: Assault
View Single Post
Old Sun Apr 06, 2008, 11:40pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I worked about 10 games since the incident & I believe I got my swagger back last night!! I'm just feeling like such a better person/official for exercising self-control. Afterall, we are held to a higher standard & how can I manage the emotions of 10 players & 2 coaches if I can't manage my own emotions. So I look at it as big test that I passed. I forgive the guy, I also learned a valuable lesson the hard way:
Keep distance between myself when a player/coach/fanatic is upset & headed in my direction!!

I realize that conflict comes with the territory, so I'll learn from it, move on, chalk it up as experience & continue my development. I LOVE THE GAME

Thanks for listening!
CHI - I love the attitude. I respect it, and strive to learn it (more than in just officiating, in my life as well). I would have been incredibly shaken up, and probably wouldn't have gotten back in the saddle for a long, long time (if ever). It's clearly worked for you, and that's a credit to the way you carry yourself.

Also, forgiving him is not only big of you, but seemingly best for you (regardless of whether he apologized or not). As long as you're not a pushover (and clearly not with you getting back to running games), it does you no good to let anger at someone consume you. It's terrific you were able to forgive him in this short time period...

Best of luck. I would love it if you kept updating.

p.s. I live in chicago, but never heard the term "going CHI"