View Single Post
Old Thu Jul 04, 2002, 08:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by moose69
i can't believe you guys have never heard of a player objecting to a called strike by drawing the line. I've seen it done both on the inside, and outside of the plate. To me, this is considering showing up the umpire and a quick trip to the showers. My concern last night was that my partner, stopped the batter from drawing the line. he warned him 3 times. Now, what about consistancy? What happens if he's umpiring the non-offending team in 2 weeks time and one of there batter goes to draw a line and he dosen't stop them, let's him finish the line and boots his *** out??? dosen't say much for his consistancy as to when enough is enough, if you ask me.

I like IRISMAFIA's idea

And as for your slow pitch referances.....I personally find that game very boring and I never write the softball exam so they can't send me to do any games

Tyler
I guess your partner didn't stop the batter if he had to warn him three times.

As far as slowpitch, I find fastpitch very boring to umpire.
I work it, but I much prefer the slowpitch game where there is unending action the entire game, not just when a pitcher gets tired or a batter gets lucky, but that is just my preference.