View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 31, 2008, 03:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingTripleJump
What are your thoughts on this?

I know a few guys who want to switch to women's from men's because they can move up quicker. I do men's college and I'm happy with where I am. I'm moving up and doing D2 right now with the possibility of getting picked up soon for mid-major D1 conferences.

But I know getting to the highest levels, BCS Conferences, takes LOTS of time and I'm really young. (26 years old)

However, I was told by a clinician who is a women's official that someone like me--minority, young, runs fast--would move up the ladder on the D1 women's side really quickly.

I've never been opposed to women's basketball. Hell, I've officiated 2 high school girls games in the last 3 years total but that's not by choice though. I know officials, some of them close friends, who always say that they'll never do womens and if they did, they'd feel like they failed at officiating. I mean sure, it's no men's college, but it's not that bad...I don't think? I mentioned this to a few other officiating friends and they told me to stop drinking and I'd be stupid to switch.

I'd still want to achieve my goal of officiating major D1 mens...but I realize that's most likely not going to happen for another 10-15 years.

Ehh, I'm just rambling now.

I know officials, some of them close friends, who always say that they'll never do womens and if they did, they'd feel like they failed at officiating.

Sad.