Thread: Local rule...
View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 29, 2008, 09:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al
We have new ejection rules this year in Rec softball and baseball. If any coach is ejected for arguing judgment calls, or acting in an unsportman like manner, his or her case will be evaluated to determine if he or she must miss more than one game. If a coach is ejected twice any time during the year he can NEVER again coach for any Rec team. Last year there were several first time umpires (high school kids) that some coaches aggressively tried to intimidate on every close call. No coaches were ejected and many, many complaints came to the board about the way some adult coaches were jumping all over the young umps. This year those young umpires are gone and new teenage umpires have taken their places. So my question to the park board would be this... If some new umpires are too timid to eject an intimidating adult coach what good will stronger ejection rules be? ... Nothin' like fun at the ole' ball park! ..Al
At least they are taking action.

Now, the rules are there.

It is now up to the UIC to make sure his umpires do what they need to do.

I think its a great rule.

I think ASA should adopt a similar rule for championship play. A few years back I had a coach who's mouth was so bad, he deserved an *** kicking, let alone the ejection he got from me... and he was happily harassing the other umpires the very next game. They let him slide.. for reasons I cannot even fathom.

If ASA would give us some teeth with our ejections, they might chill out a little.