View Single Post
Old Fri Mar 28, 2008, 10:38am
Archaic Power Monger

Good list, I like it. Hopefully people will actually read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoBits
· The batter cannot be called out for interference if he/she is in the batter’s box. FALSE. If the batter has reasonable time to vacate the batter’s box, he/she must do so or risk interference being called.
You should probably go into a little more detail here and explain WHEN the the batter has to vacate the batter's box.

Quote:
· The runner is safe when hit by a batted ball while touching a base. FALSE in baseball, but TRUE in softball. In baseball, the runner is declared out if struck by a batted ball at any time as long as it is untouched by a fielder or has passed an infielder (not including the pitcher) and no other infielder has a chance of fielding the ball.
I would change this a bit to reflect the current OBR interpretation that a runner hit by an untouched batted ball is not out only if they are directly behind the fielder that let the ball get past them. I think it was Jim Evans that said a runner still has a duty to avoid a batted ball.

Last edited by Welpe; Fri Mar 28, 2008 at 10:44am.