View Single Post
Old Tue Jul 02, 2002, 03:06pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

About the B. R. D. -

As taken from a previous bit:
BRD is a book of rules compilations titled "Baseball Rule Differences" by Carl Childress, now in its 19th edition. This book organizes rules from the National Federation of High School Associations (NFHS), National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) and the Official Baseball Rules (used in professional games and most youth leagues). “The BRD organizes and lists the differences, examines the diverging philosophies behind them, explains and illustrates them, and advises you how best to cope with them when they arise in your games,” (Childress 3)

http://www.rightsports.com/products.php

or in their words - - -

The 2002 B.R.D.
(Baseball Rules Differences)

The 21st edition of Carl Childress' Baseball Rules Differences (The 2002 B.R.D.) is the same, convenient size as last year's (5.5" x 8.5"), but with a great new spiral binding! Inside, you'll find 300 pages full of information about National Federation, NCAA, and Official Baseball Rules that you can't get anywhere else.

RightSports is pleased to be the official distributor for the 2001 B.R.D. This brand new edition is currently shipping.

Only $18.95!

I have not read the latest items by Papa C (yet).

re: "I assume that you are a fan of Carl's work."
Well, I don't know if I could go that far - after all, he is a rebel; and, I'm a yankee..... ; - )