View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 25, 2008, 07:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpbreeze
so what was wrong with one of the other refs giving factual information and then the call possibly could have been changed. I've seen fouls changed this year that have nothing to do with the restricted area. From the information Delaney had he thought he was making the correct call and I do not blame him for making it. But he did not have the whole picture. The replay shows that. I simply feel his partners could have stepped in.
Did you ever think that it's possible the Trail didn't see the whole play? If you look at the play again, he's responsible for the 5 second count, plus there was a lot of screening action going on in the line of players at the beginning of the IB play. You would be hard pressed to find an official coming in to overrule another official, or even give another official information, if he/she didn't see the entire play -- especially in a foul/judgment call situation.

Also, there is no camera angle from Delaney's position -- it's more likely than not that he saw something on the "middle of the court side" that the camera angle and the trail couldn't see. Bob Delaney is not going to just make a call up, especially with 4 seconds left in an OT game.