View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 25, 2008, 06:01pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Al
Wade writes: "That's bananas" "More bananas" and ..."I'm not sure what you interpret that to mean, and I'm tired of the bananas".

Knock-knock...Who's there? Orange... Orange who? Orange ya glad I didn't say Banana?

All that banana talk brought my 3 year old grand-girls favorite knock-knock joke to mind...

Seriously, Wade, I have to get a firm and correct understanding of what constitutes INT in a dropped 3rd strike situation. I just know this is gonna happen and I don't want to be unsure of what the proper call should be. I like what greymule has written, but I'm not exactly sure what would constitute an overt action by the BR. What I want to know is just how cut and dry the rule is. From reading the thread I think I'm not the only one who would like to be more sure before this sit happens to them.

Is it interference if a runner blindly gets hits from behind with a dropped 3rd strike that deflects off the catcher?

Would it be INT if a fielder has no chance to throw the BR out became of where the ball went after hitting the BR from behind?

Must there be some illegal or overt action by the BR before INT should be called?

If so, what would constitute overt action by the BR? ...Fun at the ole' ball park! Thank you! ...Al