View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 24, 2008, 09:41pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
I am trying to figure out why this is a problem. You realize there was an official on here bragging about how many hours of

Welcome to the real world of officiating. That is a very common occurrence at the local level and at the college level to make you go to camps. Look, when people assign you games they have a right to require some things. Just because it is not something we like does not mean it is an unfair request. I know I have to log on to Assign By Web in order to work for certain people and in some cases it can be a pain because so many assignors I work for require different log on sites in order to get just one game. And in some cases games are just filled even if I have not consent first. That is not completely fair to me in my opinion, but that is the system. I would not claim "politics" because if I do not want to work for them, I can always take my name off the list.

Peace
This has cost me games. I will not pay $300 for a camp just to work a high school conference. If I want to go to a camp, I'll go, but just to break even for a half-dozen high school games? No thanks.