View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 24, 2008, 04:16pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalreff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurassic Referee
I just finished watching a replay of the game being discussed--Mater Dei/Mitty-- on PRIME channel. Officiating was not a factor.

Anyone that thinks officiating is not a factor in every single game is in outer space. It rarely affects the outcome of a game but it is always a factor.
Just because JR is afraid to be critiqued doesn't mean the rest of us are. I can't get better without it. How much good does it do me for my partner to tell me I did a great job if he doesn't believe it? If I work with a lower ranked official and I have a subpar game, I will be the first one to tell him. And if he thinks it and doesn't tell me, how much good does that do anyone?
I watched that game again this past weekend. They had it on in the East on Fox Baltimore. I'll iterate again what I stated...officiating was not a factor.

It's not a matter of anyone being afraid to be critiqued. It is a matter of people who very obviously don't have the experience, knowledge or competency to critique other officials still trying to do so. Let's get that little fact straight once again.