In Memoriam

Re: Re: Nit picking

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JRutledge
[B]
Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
But I would never T a kid for something not covered specificially in the rules like this.
It is covered in the rules. It's illegal and it's a technical foul. Mark is simply asking if anyone would call it.
This is not specifically covered in the rules. If you are talking about 10-3-7b, sorry but that is not my interpretation of that rule, nor is this the situation decribed. A1 did not delay anything and the ball came right back to him. Not even the casebook covers this specifically, so what are you talking about? No delay, not a technical and common sense wins out here. But then again you think giving a T for a kid cursing to himself is warranted. What else should be expected from you Tony?

And if I did not make myself clear, I am with Chuck on this one and his explaination. The rest of it you are just nit picking.

Peace

It Is covered SPECIFICALLY in therulebook--SPECIFICALLY under R-2-7-4!That says-Quote-"The officials shall conduct the game in accordance with the rules.This includes prohibiting practice during a dead ball,except between halves."-Unquote.That rule has been in the book forever.You CAN call a T,if you want to.That's up to the official's judgement.It's nitpicking as to whether you should call it,NOT whether you CAN call it.
Tony and Brian's answers were bang on!!

[Edited by Jurassic Referee on Jul 1st, 2002 at 04:31 AM]