View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 19, 2008, 11:03am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to IREFU2 Send a message via Yahoo to IREFU2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
Address it how? What are you going to do, make him not exhibit enthusiasm? I am not saying that everything he does is good, but it is certainly not against the rules to jump up and down. He does get out of the box, but the officials are not watching him. They are watching the play in most of the video the game seems to be on the other side of the court. And the officials did address him the one time it looked like he said something to the officials.

I do not know about you, but I am not watching a coach all game long.

Peace
I kind of disagree with you. If he is out of the coaching box, slapping the scoring table, as well as banging his head on it, that is not enthusiasm, that is poor sportsmanship. If I see that, we would have had a nice conversation......We had a coach in our area that did that a lot and even put his bottled water on the scoring table. This gave him an excuse to be out of the box. In Virginia (VHSL), the situation is kind of simple, if you are out of the box, its a technical foul regardless of the reason. Is it enforced???? Sometimes. JMHO of course!!!!