View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 19, 2008, 08:46am
Official Forum Member

NCAA - Geography Lessons Needed!!!

Okay I'm not here to debate who's in or who's out. (I'm a ref I don't care)

But can someone please inform the selection committee and all others associated with coordinating this tournament the following: In the future when you assign a team to a region of the country, that game should be played in that region.

My Evidence..... Mich. St./Temple, Pitt/Oral...South region.... N.D./GM.. East Region PLAYING IN DENVER??????

More....Purdue/Bay, Xav/Geo, W. VA/AZ, Duke/Bel in the West Region....All playing in that Western Capitol of WASHINGTON D.C.?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Finally, my favorite...Drake/W. KY, Conn/S.D., West Region...Clem/Vill, Vand/Siena Midwest region.....PLAYING IN TAMPA!!!!!!!!!! When did Tampa move to the west coast???? Also how did it become a bastion of the Midwest????? Did I miss a memo???

I realize that its about getting the best bang for their buck. They want to keep teams in the tourney for the revenue. No complaint, I hope to get some of that revenue someday. However, could we stop the masquerade and just rename the regions to better reflect the pairings.

My suggestions are.. ACC teams 1-3 that are going to beat on your team like a rented mule. Big East teams 7-12 that we just send so your team will feel a little better about itself until you get to our 1-6 teams.

I know they are a little wordy but maybe all of you will have better names than mine.