View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 19, 2008, 05:10am
Official Forum Member

Vhsl Camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by blwall1416
Didn't mean to hijack a previous thread. So, on the advice of others, I'm starting this one. There was already one reply to this question. Here is my original post:
e
"By the way, I'm going to my first D3 camp this summer. ACC, Colonial, Big East, A-10, etc... officials will be there evaluating. Any advice from the veterans?"

http://d3supercamp.com/
blwall, here's another camp to look into - the VHSL officials camp. It's scheduled to be at Randolph Macon College in Ashland VA. It's a total learning camp. You get lots of court time with instant feedback from the observers. You also get good bang for your buck. As a day camper, I paid only $50 last year. My meals alone would have cost more than that. If memory serves, the price for an overnight camper was in the $200 - $250 range. Wayne Samford, one of the directors at the D3 Super Camp, has been a speaker at the VHSL camp.
Here's the only problem - the date of this year's camp. It is scheduled to run the week after the D3 camp. The dates in the past were the third week in July. You can get the information about the camp off of the VHSL website.

Last edited by Lcubed48; Wed Mar 19, 2008 at 05:13am.