View Single Post
Old Mon Mar 17, 2008, 06:03pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NM FP Ump
That’s one game I could have called from the bleachers!
We should try that sometime. Apparently, the view's much better from there.

In that same game, the team that was getting slaughtered was down in the pits. The best female player (coed team, obviously) struck out swinging, which was very much unlike her. As she's going to the dugout, I start brushing off the plate. Suddenly, I hear, "**** you, mother ******! You son of a..." blah blah blah, you know the drill. I look up, confused, and the girl who just struck out is cussing out her teammate at the top of her lungs. Then, she starts yelling, "give me the bat! Give me the bat!" I'm thinking, "oh hell no." She grabs the bat, slams it down into her bat bag and walks off the field, her boyfriend or husband, embarrassed as can be, walking about 15' behind her, not looking anyone in the eye. Frankly, I was too stunned for words.

Later, I found out that the guy she was cussing out had accused her of striking out intentionally, blaming her attitude as the reason why they never win any games (not that the fact that most of them had never played before had anything to do with it).

I also found out that the guy she cussed out was, coincidentally, her boss.

That team never did come back. Such a shame, too, because there's a lower league in the same town playing the same night that probably could've been fun for them.

The moral of the lesson is: Know what level you're signing up for. Your job may depend on it!

I haven't decided if I should call it from the dugout or the outfield. Apparently, both have really great views!

Screw green, it ain't easy being blue!

I won't be coming here that much anymore. I might check in now and again.