View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 12, 2008, 09:10am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdw3018
Except there will still be speculation when it's too close to call even by replay - ie, the South Carolina 4A Boys Championship.

To me, there's no doubt that a game or two could be impacted every year. The question is whether it's worth the time, effort, and money to make replay available. This is still high school sports, and every other decision in the game is made by humans. And the questions to be asked - do we allow officials to fix timing errors? What if in the example above the replay does in fact show the shot isn't off, but it also shows the clock started a fraction of a second early but that isn't reviewable?

We'll never remove speculation and missed calls from the game. I certainly wouldn't fight it as long as it's well thought out, but if I have to I'd vote for leaving it be.
I understand your point, but the fact is, we aren't the ones who have to worry about the details. It's not like you are going to have to add a tripod to your equipment bag.

I am all for any decision that gives me more tools to make accurate decisions in the games I work.