Old Wed Mar 05, 2008, 07:01pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
Maybe you're just not as good as me
Fair enough...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
If this play is *THAT* close, why wouldn't you award the miracle basket and play at the end of the game? We don't know the discussion of the officials though -- maybe they didn't think it was *THAT* close...
If you are asking me why I wouldn't award the "miracle" basket...well, maybe I would. I would have to be there to make that determination...rather than watching a few blurry video clips.

Also, maybe the crew didn't want to (or have information to) overturn the official that originally WAVED the basket off. As you said, we don't know the discussion of the other officials.

I guess that's why we make the big bucks....$50 a game for Regional games here in my part of WA...and .48 cents a mile travel both ways. $10 meal allowance if over 75 miles...and $50 lodging if over 125 miles. (One official I worked with, in a Regional, got his motel paid for even though it was probably over $50 a night)

Can't remember what State pays...didn't go this year...maybe zebraman can help...he went to Yakima, WA this year for the State tournament.
Richland, WA