View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 05, 2008, 02:48am
Esteemed Forum Member

Out Of The Sky Into The Book ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
The officials did not ask the table for help. The officials talked amongst each other and made a decision. And it does not appear that there is much disagreement amongst the official in any way.
I agree. The officials did not approach the table crew for help, and thus, in this specific case, this rule did not kick in.

I only referred to this rule to clear up, for rookie officials, coaches, and fans, who may view this Forum, your earlier post: "Where is the rules reference to back that up? Because there is nothing in any rule I have seen that says you can count a basket just because you are not sure. You pulled that out of the sky. That is why you have yet to show the reference yet."

If your "you" is only referring to officials, you are 100% correct, there is no rules reference. However, if there is such a rule reference if "you" refers to the table crew: Rule 2-13. So socalreff didn't pull the rule out of the sky, he pulled it out of the NFHS rule book, however, he confused the officials with the table crew.