View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 05, 2008, 12:53am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalreff
Have you ever had a call that you thought you nailed and then looked at it on tape and were clearly wrong? When this has happened to me, and I try to review as many of my games as possible, I say I must have guessed.
What does any of this have to do with how the officials came to their conclusion on this call? They could not review tape. Even if there was using college rules, the tape would not be at this angle or on the floor 50 feet away from the play.

Quote:
The one reason I say they were guessing is because they got it wrong. The ball was clearly in flight before the LED light and the horn.
Clearly is not a word I would use in this case.

Quote:
And I'm not saying they should have known for sure either way.... it was a highly unusual play with a quick release from 80 feet. We all get plays wrong. All I was doing was using book language to back what I have done and will continue to do in those situations.
Some of us are still waiting for that rules reference you claim you quoted.

Quote:
I had a double overtime game this year and we had buzzer beater shots at the end of regulation to tie it, 1st overtime to tie it, and the 2nd overtime to win it. On first one, the gym was so loud no one on the crew could hear the horn and it was so close that we had no definite knowledge it shouldn't count, so we counted it. 2nd shot we had definite knowledge as the ball was released with .4 and the 3rd was released with .3 on the clock.
Where is the rules reference to back that up? Because there is nothing in any rule I have seen that says you can count a basket just because you are not sure. You pulled that out of the sky. That is why you have yet to show the reference yet.